Today we are making a bomb, a seed bomb to be exact!
We can hear you thinking, a seed BOMB? Rest assured, this bomb is human and environmentally friendly! 😉 The idea comes from Masanobu Fukuoka. He developed a system of natural farming, without tillage. In the video below, Steve from “Permanent Culture Now” shows you how to get started.
- red clay is recommended, gray clay is also possible
- seeds (sunflower and wild flower)
- a bowl
- a hammer
- a spoon
- Break down the clay yourself: cover the clay with a cloth and hammer it away
- Add the powdered clay to the bowl
- Put the seeds in the bowl
- Then add the compost
- Repeat steps 2 to 4
- Add the water, but not too much!
- Mix it up! (this is where the spoon comes in)
- Now roll it up like (vegan) meatballs!
FINISHED ! 😊
Tips : add the water little by little to avoid a mess. Depending on how wet the mixture is, you can always add clay and compost.
You can also watch these steps in the video above.
Now you are ready to bomb your garden!